Statement of Faith & Values 2020
Through our belief in the creeds and values of the Christian Church over 2000 years, Shiloh Christian Fellowship stands in the mainstream of historic Christianity in:
- Our values are expressed in the commands and teaching of Jesus about how we have been created to do two things with our lives
- to love God with all our heart, soul and mind
- to love other people as we love ourselves.
It is as simple as this – and yet the most challenging way to live.
- Our foundation beliefs are expressed in the Apostles’ Creed and our own Statement of Faith which is based on our confidence in the reliability of the Bible as the Word of God to all people.
All our teaching seeks to be true to these beliefs and to help people to understand them and live them out in practice. We believe that a strong foundation is the key to growing in the Christian faith.
Our Membership Course will give you a simple introduction to these beliefs and lay this strong foundation in your life. You can find out more about this on Membership Course and Baptism.
The Apostles’ Creed
- I believe in God the Father, Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth:
- And in Jesus Christ, his only begotten Son, our Lord:
- Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary:
- Suffered under Pontius Pilate; was crucified, dead and buried: (He descended into hell?)
- The third day he rose again from the dead:
- He ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty:
- From where he shall come to judge the quick and the dead:
- I believe in the Holy Ghost:
- I believe in the holy catholic church: the communion of saints:
- The forgiveness of sins:
- The resurrection of the body:
- And the life everlasting. Amen
Shiloh Faith Statement
- The divine inspiration and all sufficiency of the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments
- The Trinity in the unity of the Godhead
- The depraved and fallen state of mankind
- The incarnation of the Son of God, his virgin birth, essential deity and perfect humanity. His work of atonement for all sinners through his death on the cross, his bodily resurrection from the dead, and his eternal role as Prophet, Priest and King. His second coming.
- The justification of the sinner through faith alone in Jesus Christ alone by grace alone.
- The person of the devil and his opposition to God and his saints.
- The work of the Holy Spirit in the conversion and sanctification of the saints; his ministry in the church today, distributing his gifts to all saints, as he wills, to equip, empower and enable them for ministry.
- The eternal security of the genuine born-again believer, the natural immortality of the soul, the resurrection of the body and the conscious punishment in hell of all who die impenitent.
- The nature of the ordinances of believers’ baptism and the Lord’s supper until his return.
- The restoration of the Jewish people.
- The priesthood of all believers and the commitment of all saved persons in the church to live soberly, righteously, and godly in this present age.